The Boston Growth Capital investment team is comprised of Partners with unparalleled experience and expertise in growing Information, Publishing, Software and Services businesses.
- Deep expertise in B2B Information, Software, Publishing and Services, advising and building long-standing relationships with private equity groups and senior industry executives, including starting, growing and then selling a consulting firm dedicated to the space.
- Track record of helping companies transform their growth by deploying a full playbook of performance improvement techniques.
- Two decades of transaction experience, supporting a wide range of acquisition and divestiture activity, including market definition, target scans, customer and market due diligence, acquisition value assessment, transaction negotiation and execution, post-merger integration and 100 day plan development.
- Corporate finance and M&A with J. P. Morgan Cazenove; Senior Principal at The Parthenon Group; Co-Founded The Callidon Group with John Eielson in 2002; Merged with OC&C Strategy Consultants; Led the sale to Oliver Wyman in 2014; Masters in Law from Cambridge University; Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment.
- Over 20 years assessing the growth potential of companies, determining the attractiveness of alternative business models and transforming their growth by deploying a full playbook of performance improvement techniques. Work experience has been focused in B2B Information, Software, Publishing and Services industry in which he has developed deep expertise.
- Has worked extensively with leading private equity firms supporting a wide range of acquisition and divestiture activities including: assessing the growth potential of acquisitions, customer / market due diligence, market definition, transaction negotiation and execution, post-merger integration, and post acquisition growth strategies. Has also worked extensively for the leading corporations in his focused sector.
- Prior to Boston Growth Capital, was the co-Founder, along with Alastair Adam, of OC&C Strategy Consultants Boston which he helped grow to over 50 consultants and which was sold to Oliver Wyman in 2014. Prior to OC&C, was a Partner at The Parthenon Group.
- Currently a board member and investor in West Academic Publishers.
- MBA from Yale University and a BS summa cum laude in Marine Engineering from the US Coast Guard Academy.
- 20+ years’ experience in the business-to-business media (B2B), information services and software industries, with an emphasis on growth investing, M&A and corporate development.
- Deep expertise in a variety of verticals within the information industry, including: financial, healthcare, real estate, insurance, energy & commodities and education.
- Emphasis on transaction execution, strategy development and implementation and driving growth through organic and inorganic activities including joint ventures, strategic investments and M&A.
- Leveraged finance at State Street Bank; Developed and managed Thomson Financial’s strategic investment program; Managing Director at DMG Information; Consultant and Advisor to the information services sector.
- MBA, University of Massachusetts; BA, Washington & Lee University.